Have you written a very an amazing RFP for Information Technology Services covering all aspects and not receive what you are exactly looking for? Welcome to a RFP fail and you’re not alone.
A RFP stands for a request for proposal (RFP). It is a document that an organization posts to get competitive bids from potential vendors. The RFP is very specific and establishes evaluation criteria for assessing competitive proposals.
Many companies are not alone in this battle, many reputable IT consultants and managed service providers have the same challenges when responding to these RFP for Information Technology Services. Once again, this contributes to a RFP fail as well.
Remember, keep it clean and simple.
- Have a look at RFP tendering sites and you will see a mountain of poorly-written RFPs. This works against both parties as the issuer will get little response or not exactly what they are looking for or suppliers will not invest time into it.
Engage IT consultants for their experience.
- Many suppliers do not respond because they believe their odds of winning are slim, they do not know the client issuing the RFP and the client is collecting proposals to meet internal requirements of getting three bids competitive bids for every project.
Pricing will hurt everyone in the end.
- No matter what industry, everyone follows the same rule: “Fast,Good, and Cheap”.
- You can do something quickly and to a high standard, but then it will not be cheap.
- You can do something quickly and cheaply, but it will not be of high quality.
- You can do something with high quality and cheaply, but it will take a relatively longer time.
Here are some simple rules to follow when it comes to successful RFPs for IT technical services.
- Make sure there are no ridiculous rules of engagement on the RFP or quality technical support services companies will not respond.
- Do your homework and hand pick a list of IT consulting companies you think would be able to fill your needs and invite them specifically to respond.
- Ensure their corporate culture and yours match up as true professional relationships are built on respect and responsibility from both parties.
If you are looking to issue a RFP for technical services and do not want to experience “RFP fail” like so many do, follow these three simple guidelines and you will see an amazing difference.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s best IT consulting firm that delivers an industry leading Complimentary Network Assessment followed by Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.