Cybersecurity is top of every organizations mind however what types of cyber security are there for companies to evaluate?
Now this is a loaded question as not all types of cybersecurity fit all organizations needs or budgets. It is very easy to tell an organization that with an unlimited budget, you can turn on every single cybersecurity software, hardware, policy, and procedure however what is right for your organization?
You can find a wide variety of managed security services providers (MSSP), managed IT services providers (MSPs), and IT security consultants that promise proactive cybersecurity but what does that mean to your business?
There are several types of cybersecurity that businesses can embrace at preventing cyberattacks and data breaches before they happen but what is right for your business?
It is important to understand that proactive cybersecurity means to your organization.
- Understand your cyber security threats – You should work toward proactively preventing cyberattacks but consulting with your management team. By doing this, you will be able to judge exactly what you are up against.
- Evaluate what needs protecting – From your list of the biggest cybersecurity threats to your organization, you need to map out how your data connects to the internet and classify it as regulated, mission-critical, and low-importance.
- What is your cybersecurity baseline – You need to investigate current cybersecurity trends against your current network. This will give you a clear picture on how to prioritize your cybersecurity proactively.
- Finalize the cybersecurity plan – Once you gathered everything up, you can now build your IT security strategy.
It can be anything from AI-powered network monitoring, AI-powered Anti-malware software, AI-powered Next Generations Antivirus such as FortiEDR, proactive cybersecurity, managed data segmentation, encryption, next generation hardware firewalls such as SonicWall, intrusion prevention systems, Security awareness training, Security patches, software upgrades, Virtual Private Networks, and Web filtering services.
What types of cybersecurity are there?
Cybersecurity is usually broken up into five categories.
- Critical infrastructure security
- Application security
- Network security
- Cloud security
- Internet of things (IoT) security
Cybercrime is growing at an alarming pace and organizations need to develop a strong multi-layered security strategy including continuous cybersecurity training to reduce the number of security breaches.
Your IT partner should have working experience in information security systems and networking security including vulnerabilities, pen testing, computer forensics, cryptography, database security, Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud services.
Have Your Passwords Been Stolen in a Data Breach? Try our free data breach scan today and start protecting yourself from cybercriminals.
Going to the cloud or worried about security? We are your leading Cloud Services Providers Toronto and Managed Security Services Toronto.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting boutique firm offering industry leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, Managed Security Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services, Cloud Services, Business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR), and Cyber Security Training and Dark Web Monitoring.
We Make IT Simple!