A lot of businesses here that from managed IT services providers that they use Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tools to manage the network however what are they exactly?
What is Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM)?
Remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools is network management software designed to help managed IT service providers (MSPs) remotely and proactively monitor and manage their client networks including workstations, laptops and other network devices.
What are some of the main functions of Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM)?
Remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools are robust and have been a “win-win” situation for managed IT services providers and their clients. Here are some key functions to RMM:
- RMM allows IT consultants to gather information about client software, hardware and networks
- RMM give companies a real view of network activity with detailed reports and data
- RMM connects to advanced network ticketing systems allowing alerts and tickets to be created when problems arise in the network
- RMM tracks network and device health including endpoints and users
- RMM allows for automated scheduled proactive maintenance tasks
How does Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) work?
RMM tools are deployed with a piece of software called an “agent”. The agent is proactively installed on all workstations, servers, mobile devices, and other network endpoints based on your service level agreement.
RMM agents are your IT consultants “eyes and ears” regarding your network 24/7. RMM agents report back to your managed IT services provider important information about the health and status of your network. This information allows your company to access insights on the status of the network and provides the ability to proactively manage the network resulting in less risk and network downtime.
RMM allows your managed IT services (MSP) providers to administer tasks simultaneously to many computers at once. This reduces onsite time from technicians as they no longer have to travel to handle routine network maintenance or tech support issues.
What are the benefits to using Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tools in my network?
RMM tools help networks in various ways including the following:
- Businesses can now use the same tools as enterprise-level IT support services
- Networks can be proactively managed including automation and monitoring
- Technical support issues are detected in advance of them becoming major plus avoid system failure
- Companies benefit from less onsite visits from technical support staff
- Networks can be optimized for higher stability using proactive maintenance
- Companies experience increased uptime without disruption to the IT infrastructure
- Companies now can have true 24x7x365 tech support services coverage
How safe is sensitive data? Are your employees productive? How secure is your network? How much time and money is technical support issues costing your business?
Time to see the entire picture!
365 iT SOLUTIONS can bring your company to the next level by using technology to increase productivity and profitability. We are Toronto’s leading IT consulting firm and offer cutting edge Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.
With a Complimentary Network Audit, we will align your IT infrastructure with your business goals and strategy. Enroll in our Complimentary Network and Security Audit by 365itSolutions.com or 416-398-9889
We will identify and address all technology concerns and make the appropriate recommendations that will allow your business to increase productivity and profitability.