A recent study has found that IT outsourcing percentage tops five year high as organizations increase the amount of work they are awarding to managed IT service providers.
The study covers many different IT areas, but the overall message is that successful organizations are choosing to use certain IT outsourcing skills from third parties, so they can focus on mission-critical skills in-house.
IT Outsourcing percentage tops five year high and here are the key findings from the Computer Economics IT Outsourcing Statistics study to prove it.
- Large sized organizations have grown their IT outsourcing budgets from 6.3% to 8.7%.
- Medium-sized organizations have grown their IT outsourcing budgets from 4.7% to 6.5%.
- Small sized organizations have grown their IT outsourcing from 6.7% to 7.8%.
- Help desk or tech support is one of the largest percentage of work being outsourced to third party managed IT service providers.
- The IT functions with the greatest potential for successfully reducing costs through outsourcing are help desk, desktop support, disaster recovery, and data center operations.
- Managed IT services providers have the advantage of economies of scale and can offer cost savings.
- The report has shown that IT security, disaster recovery, application maintenance, and database administration can have the largest growth over the next 5 years.
The reason behind the growth come down to that IT outsourcing offers better quality of service, access to the latest applications, and access to a team of IT specialists.
IT Outsourcing will also cover the following concerns for organizations:
- An organization does not want the overhead of hiring In-house IT staff
- An organization does not want all their information with one person if they leave
- An organization wants employees to do the job they are hired for to increase ROI.
- Networks and security are becoming more sophisticated and complicated.
- An organization wants to leverage the latest It management and tech support tools.
- An organization has a project that requires a more technical expertise.
Our complimentary network and security assessment can put your IT infrastructure to the test and show you why IT outsourcing percentage tops five year high.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting boutique firm offering industry-leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.