365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting firm offering Managed IT Services, Tech Support Services, IT Support Services and IT Outsourcing services.
We are looking for a Level 2 IT Support Help Desk Technician.
A competitive compensation package includes base salary, commission/bonus structure, and other incentives.
The right candidate will help the IT Support Team take calls, respond to IT support tickets, and find resolutions independently.
Candidate for this role should have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities over the phone and on-site.
Candidates will also be working on IT Projects for our clients, from upgrading their systems to providing technology advice.
We are looking for someone who has at least 3 years of experience in this field.
This technician will report to the Service Manager.
- Perform in-office troubleshooting of hardware and software issues for various clients
- Assemble and configure client systems
- Occasional on-site troubleshooting of hardware, networking and software issues
- Document changes to the support environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills are a must, this is a customer-facing role
- Monitor ticketing system to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Leverage front-line client experience to identify sales opportunities
- Ability to work under tight deadlines; multi-tasking abilities are essential
- Applying industry “Best Practices”
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Office business hours are from 8:30AM – 6PM, Mon – Fri, with occasional after hours work and on-call required
- Other duties as assigned by upper management.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Cisco/Microsoft/CompTIA certifications would be a big asset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Passionate about IT and Technology
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong multitasking skills
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License or equivalent and must have full access to, or own a reliable automobile
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 including Active Directory.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of desktop hardware and software (Windows XP – 8.1 )
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007-2013
- Experience with Remote Control Software such as LogMeIn, and MS-Remote Desktop
- Strong knowledge of Drive Imaging tools such as Ghost, True Image, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Email and Messaging such as MS-Exchange, BES, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Networking concepts and hardware including Cisco, Sonicwall, routers, firewalls, switches and VPN appliances
- Strong knowledge of back-up hardware including various tape drives, USB drives and Disk-to-disk systems
- Knowledge of RAID including various RAID controllers and general RAID knowledge – building, mounting, breaking, hot spare, RAID 0/1/5/6/10, etc.
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V).
- Knowledge of back-up software including Acronis, Vembu, WSB, etc.
Would be an Asset
- Experience with Remote Monitoring and Management tools
- Prior experience with a Managed IT Services Provider (MSP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Partner (MCP) Certifications: Windows Server 2012 or equivalent
NO AGENCIES, NO PHONE CALLS or DROP INS. ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please send your resume in WORD or PDF format.