Security should be top priority as a new survey shows privacy issues with Canadian businesses. How does your organization hold up to cyber security measures?
The survey was conducted by Phoenix SPI a Canadian research firm specializing in research with stakeholders and special audiences. They conducted a telephone survey between November 29, 2019 and December 19, 2019 that included 1,003 businesses.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is a leading managed IT services provider in Toronto with a proactive approach towards cyber security, disaster recovery, and many other proactive aspects of IT management. We use these reports to better understand market conditions as well as address business goals for clients.
Here are some considerations based on the reports on privacy issues with Canadian businesses:
- Organization size is the strongest factor of an organization’s privacy and cyber security practices.
- Large organizations have a higher rate of privacy practices, procedures, and policies.
- Many organizations have taken steps to obtain meaningful consent and practice privacy policies.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) commissions a poll every two years to better understand business awareness and approaches to privacy protection. Here are some quick facts on the survey findings:
- Approximately 88 percent have mentioned that customer privacy is an important corporate objective while 69 percent would rate it at “extremely important”
- Over 51 percent have made their privacy information easily accessible to their customers.
- Only 45 percent said their organization makes clear to customers on the collection, use, and disclosure of information
- Over 60 percent have procedures in place to respond to requests to access their personal information.
- Only 58 percent have mentioned they have procedures in place to address privacy complaints.
- Only 33 percent of Canadian businesses incorporate guiding principles in their privacy practices.
- Over 51 percent of the companies make their privacy information easily accessible to their customers.
- Approximately 62 percent of companies have designated a team member to be responsible for privacy issues.
- More than half 58 percent have privacy procedures in place for dealing with complaints from customers who have concerns about how their information has been handled.
Our complimentary network and security assessment can put your IT infrastructure and business to the test.
Going to the cloud or worried about security? We are your leading Cloud Services Providers Toronto and Managed Security Services Toronto.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting boutique firm offering industry leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, Managed Security Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services, Cloud Services, Business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR), Cyber Security Training and Dark Web Monitoring