365 iT SOLUTIONS was a proud attendee and partner of Montreal F1 Weekend with SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team Point and Acronis.
Who is Acronis?
Acronis is a global technology company with headquarters in Schaffhausen, Switzerland and Singapore with an international presence of 18 offices worldwide. Acronis is a leader in the industry and develops on-premises and cloud software for backup, disaster recovery, secure file sync, and data access.
Who is Racing Point F1 Team?
Racing Point F1 Team competes in the F1 as SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team. They entered the Formula One World Championship using the constructor name of “Racing Point”. They are based in Silverstone, United Kingdom and compete under a British license.
Why did SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team Partner with Acronis?
Back in 2018, SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team had to find a technology partner to address all their IT needs while delivering in the more secure environment. They strategically partnered with Acronis due to their Acronis Cyber Protection Solution.
The Acronis Cyber Protection Solution included industry leading backup, disaster recovery, software-defined infrastructure, file sync and share, and anti-ransomware defenses. This entire solution has been applied to SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team infrastructure including the F1 team’s factory, wind tunnel, as well as track side.
According to Racing Point F1 Team, they are faced with an incredible amount of data. In the factory, they create a new stream of data when designing and developing a new race car or applying new race technology. Each year, they are facing an increase of 50% that needs to be managed is constantly.
How Does Data Make a Formula One Car Faster?
Like every Formula One F1 car, the teams need real information in order to make the car go as fast as possible. Racing Point F1 Team equips the racecar with hundreds of sensors that generate hundreds of gigabytes of data every race. The team on the track as well as back in headquarters collect, process, and analyze in real time. This helps the race team to make decisions on the spot during the race. They then use this information to make changes to design and engineering for future improvements.
- Front Wing Sensor – The wire cages on the front of a car are aero rakes and the most noticeable sensors on a Formula One F1 car. They are installed behind the front tires and attached to the monocoque. These aero rakes are fitted with a number of ‘Kiel probes’ which monitor airflow in real time. They are also be fitted to measure airflow behind the diffuser or around the rear wing.
- Tires – Sensors deliver one of the most important aspects of a car’s performance, the tires. Tires are considered a key to race strategy. The sensors monitor tire temperatures, cornering loads as well as tire degradation.
- Front Monocoque – Considered to be one of the most important sensors, the pitot tube is similar to those used by aircrafts. It is used in areas where teams measure air speed and are often found on the nose and air box.
- Air box – The sensors on the air box measure engine temperatures to ensure they are staying within the optimal parameters set by the engineering team.
- Rear Wing – Speed is nothing without control therefore aerodynamics and down force are crucial. These sensors measure airflow over both the front wing and rear wing of the car.
Meet Otmar Szafnauer, CEO and Team Principal of SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team
Acronis was able to put together a fantastic dinner at Restaurant Jacopo in old Montreal. Not only did we learn about the future road map for Acronis, we were able to hear from Otmar Szafnauer.
Otmar Szafnauer was able to show some of the leading IT solutions providers in North America how important technology is from their business point. With the every growing amount of data collected, SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team needed a method to safeguard their IT infrastructure.
F1 is a development and innovation sport. They need technology to develop and innovate.
What Acronis products does Team Principal of SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team use?
The team needed to address protection from servers, mailboxes, and petabytes of data. They selected the following products to help manage their IT infrastructure and protect their data.
365 iT SOLUTIONS would like to thank Acronis and SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team for an incredible weekend at the Canadian F1 Grand Prix in Montreal.
Our complimentary network and security assessment can put your IT infrastructure and business to the test.
Going to the cloud? We are your leading Cloud Services Providers Toronto.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting boutique firm offering industry leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.