Many companies still don’t know how ransomware works and how it will affect their organization.
According to a global leader in internet content security software and cloud computing security, Trend Micro has released some alarming numbers at how many companies still don’t know how ransomware works.
- 11 percent have never even heard of ransomware malware.
- 20 percent do not know how ransomware malware works.
- 82 percent consider ransomware malware a threat.
- 33 percent think it comes from malicious email attachments.
- 24 percent believe ransomware malware infections come from clicking a link in an email.
- 14 percent believe it happens if you simply browse the web.
- 69 percent believe they will be victims of a ransomware malware attack in the next 12 months.
- 75 percent have already suffered a ransomware malware attack.
How are these companies protecting themselves? Here are the statistics.
- 97 percent use automated data back-up and recovery services.
- 86 percent keep an offline data copy of their back-up plan.
- 77 percent have a disaster recovery (DR) plan.
- 33 percent have tested their disaster recovery (DR) plan.
While many companies still don’t know how ransomware works, it continues to dominate the threat landscape as organizations are fueling the cyber-criminal hacker economy. Companies are preparing disaster recovery plans and deploying preventative IT security methods to protect them from ransomware however without a lack of understanding of how ransomware malware actually works could make these actions redundant and leave your organization vulnerable to repeat attacks by cyber criminals.
Many companies still don’t know how ransomware works however our complimentary network and security assessment will put your company to the test.