Many organizations do not realize how unprepared they are when it comes to keeping data safe and secure. Motorola surveyed people that use their smartphones for both work and personal. Most admit to engaging in risky behaviors despite knowing the threats.
Why do you need comprehensive corporate mobile secure policies?
Companies must address mobile productivity as it presents risks to corporate mobile devices and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). You are at risk including data, malware, loss, theft and unauthorized access. This is achieved through policy-based security and is managed by your it support services provider.
Here are some interesting key findings from the survey regarding Corporate Mobile Secure:
- 66% of people know the responsibility falls on them to keep mobile data private and secure.
- 73% of respondents said they are concerned about smartphone security.
- 34% store sensitive data such as their bank account information or work email passwords on their phones.
- 55% admit they’ve sent work email or documents to their personal email accounts on their phones.
- 48% have used their devices to log into an unsecure wireless network.
- 77% can name at least one thing they’re more familiar with than their company’s IT security policies
So is your corporate mobile secure?
Welcome to Worry-Free iT!