Microsoft is now pushing Windows 10 and soon you can have your own copy for free. Check out this article on how to qualify and reserve your Windows 10 free.
The official launch date for Windows 10 will be July 29 and it will be available on all PCs you purchase after the launch date. Current systems with existing Windows 7 or 8.1 tablet or PC will be eligible also.
Microsoft has out everything into Windows 10 in an effort to change everyone’s bad experience with Windows 8 which was a failed operating system for most users and companies.
The good news is that Windows 10 comes packed with new features including a redesigned Start menu, Cortana voice assistant and a new browser called Edge. Windows 10 will offer a unified experience among all systems including PCs, tablets and smartphones.
How do you reserve Windows 10 for free?
- You must be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1
- This update will already be installed if you Automated Updates enabled.
- If not, you must install a March Windows update called Windows update dubbed KB3035583
- Once installed, in the lower right corner of your Windows system, you should see a new icon.
- Place your mouse over the icon and the popup messages will say “Get Windows 10”
- Once Microsoft makes Windows 10 available, it will automatically download onto your PC.
- You can scroll through the various screens of the Get Windows 10 window to read more about the new OS.
- When you’re done, simply click the button to reserve your free upgrade.
- The reservation screen asks for your email address so you can receive the notification.
- Enter your email address and click the Send confirmation button.
Windows 10 will be a free upgrade to the full version of Windows 10. The free upgrade applies only to Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1. If you have not upgraded Windows 7 to SP1 or Windows 8 to 8.1, you will have to perform these tasks prior to reserving your free copy of Windows 10. Unfortunately, if you are running Windows RT or RT 8.1, Microsoft has excluded Windows RT and RT 8.1 from the free upgrade offer.
One year after the launch date of July 29, you will have to purchase Windows 10 yourself.
Warnings about Windows 10…
You should always backup your system prior to upgrading an operating system. You should also verify that all your software will work properly with Windows 10 prior to upgrading.
Is your system ready for Windows 10? Speak to a leading IT consulting firm in Toronto that offers a full range of services that will address your business goals and strategies including Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.
Check 365 iT SOLUTIONS video of Windows 10 Key Features