The healthcare industry is dedicated to the well being of man kind however healthcare apps are at risk of serious vulnerabilities from hackers and cyber criminals.
As a managed IT services provider in Toronto and a new study from a worldwide cybersecurity firm, here are the reported alarming statistics:
- 52 percent of healthcare applications have at least one serious vulnerability
- 14 percent of healthcare apps remediate critical risks in the past three months.
- 18 percent of healthcare applications critical vulnerabilities are fixed within one month of discovery.
- 39 percent of healthcare apps cybersecurity exposure were remediated within the examined timeframe.
- 67 percent of healthcare applications global attacks can be attributed to application specific cyberattacks.
The healthcare industry is one of the most regulated industries and a data breach can result in lawsuits that come with revenue loss, reputation, and other damages. Healthcare organizations have had to adapt their IT procedures and IT protocols that are in place to meet the challenges presented by the acceleration of digital transformation.
As a healthcare organization, abuse of functionality has been the most serious security vulnerability experienced in recent months. This refers to a type of attack that uses a website’s own features against it after gaining access to an organization’s network to harm the site. It is becoming increasingly common for attackers to exploit their targets, its hosting network, or its users by leaking sensitive information from their systems.
If you work with a managed IT services in Toronto or your internal IT department, the healthcare industry should ensure that it is improving its IT infrastructure and cybersecurity against critical vulnerabilities found within healthcare applications to reduce cybercriminal exposure to data breaches that have not been addressed quickly enough by the organizations. The longer these cybersecurity vulnerabilities remain open, and they are more likely they will be exploited by poor actors, hackers, or cybercriminals.
Malware and ransomware set to be a larger threat for healthcare
- 55 percent of organizations recognize malware and ransomware as an ‘extreme’ cyber threat.
- 75 percent of organizations believe malware and ransomware will increase over the next year.
- 31 percent of healthcare organizations believe they will be part of a malware or ransomware attack.
- 23 percent of IT support and IT cyber security teams believe they will be part of a targeted cyberattack.
- 61 percent of healthcare organizations believe cybercriminals will use social engineering.
- 47 percent of healthcare organizations believe cybercriminals will use phishing emails.
- 39 percent of healthcare organizations believe cybercriminals will lure users to visit a compromised websites.
- 49 percent of healthcare organizations report malware and ransomware as an evolving cyberattack.
All the statistics above were pulled from a report findings of the 2021 Malware and Ransomware report. The report was put together by managed IT services providers, cybersecurity professionals, and inspection of many cybersecurity attacks.
With recent headlines highlighting high-profile ransomware and malware attacks, it is no wonder that organizations have set this problem as a priority. Cybersecurity research has shown that managed IT services, IT departments, and cybersecurity teams continue to struggle to determine how to effectively deal with ransomware threats as they continue to struggle to figure out how to effectively deal with these cyber threats.
It is crucial that organizations maintain a proper cybersecurity hygiene among their employees in the current era of remote working or working from home. To prevent the spread of malicious software, phishing attacks, or other cyber security threats, organizations need a plan.
Healthcare apps are at risk of serious vulnerabilities and as a managed IT services in Toronto, 365 iT SOLUTIONS can help.
Looking for a managed IT services provider in Toronto? As a boutique Toronto IT consulting firm, 365 iT SOLUTIONS specializes in award winning Managed IT Services, Tech Support Services, Cloud Services, Managed Security Services, Cyber Security Training and Dark Web Monitoring, Business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR), IT Support Services, and IT Outsourcing Services.
We Make IT Simple!