Ever wonder what the future holds when it comes to the future of IT technology? Technology companies are projecting above $2.9 trillion (US) spending in 2015, a 3.9% compared to 2014. Gartner recently released their top 10 predictions for the future of IT technology and it is very interesting.
Here are nine predictions on the future of IT and how it will change business as we know it.
- By 2018 digital businesses will require 50% less business process workers and 500% more digital business jobs.
- By 2018 the cost ownership for business operations will be reduced by 30% through smart machines and industrialized services.
- By 2020 the developed world life expectancy will increase by 0.5 years due to the adoption of wireless health monitoring technology.
- By 2016 there will be more than $2 billion (US) in online shopping including activities such as grocery shopping.
- By 2017, mobile engagement behavior will drive mobile commerce revenue to 50% of digital commerce revenue.
- By 2017, over 70% of digital business models will rely on deliberately unstable processes designed to shift as customer needs shift.
- By 2017, over 50% of consumer product investments will be directed to customer experience innovations as this will be the secret to retaining brand and client loyalty.
- By 2017, over 20% of durable goods will use 3D printing to create personalized product offerings. This is already in play and enabling start-ups to reduce costs in manufacturing.
- By 2020, retailers will utilize targeted messaging in combination with internal position systems (IPS) will see a 5% increase in sales.
Once again, there are projections of the future of IT technology however the sky is the limit. If you are interested to find out how to use the latest technology to increase your business profit margins and productivity, connect with us and we can show you how our IT consulting services can help your business.