Organizations are taking many steps to protecting their data however Canadian cybercrime is growing at an alarming rate.
- 37% of Canadian organizations have been hit by an economic crime in the past 24 months
- 28% of the fraud experienced came through online sources
- 33% of Canadian businesses are likely to be a victim of cybercrime
Cybercrime is a big problem for IT departments as well as managed IT services providers (MSP) handling multiple clients within a portfolio. This will remain as one of the largest issues for businesses as it will produce significant losses.
- 31% of Canadian organizations reported losses between $1,000 and $50,000
- 16% reported losses between $50,000 and $5 million
- 59% of respondents believe the threat of cybercrime is growing
Cybercrime, ransomware, hackers, and data breaches have become obvious and an increasing threat to businesses unfortunately here are some stats to that’s all organizations should consider.
- 26% of Canadian businesses have not conducted any assessment in the last 24 months.
This is a passive approach to IT management and will lead to issues in the future as cybercriminals continue to change their ever-evolving hacking systems. This is a perfect example why economic crime is up and detection is down.
Canadian cybercrime is growing at an alarming rate, however, a proactive approach will help.
Proactive IT management will keep your network running smoothly and securely. It will help your business maximize technology efficiency, return-on-investment as well as productivity. There are multiple layers that can be added to proactively address spam, virus protection, system updates, optimization, and data back-ups.
Our complimentary network and security assessment can put your IT infrastructure and business to the test.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting boutique firm offering industry leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.