Spiceworks recently released the from their “2016 State of IT” report. The survey shows 2016 IT priorities for organizations as well as trends for IT professionals.
Here are some interesting take away points from the study:
- 60 percent expect their IT budget to increase by a mere one percent in 2016 while their organization or client remain the same employee size while increasing company revenue.
- 70 percent expect end-of-life (EOL) to be the main point behind new hardware, software and services investments.
- 66 percent of IT professionals have stated that they are still working in environment running Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
- 47 percent stated they will invest in Windows 10.
- 32 percent plan a Windows Server 2003 migration.
- 12 percent stated they plan to migrate from Microsoft SQL Server 2005 which has an end-of-life of April 12, 2016.
Many IT professionals have stated that there will be no spend increase on security hardware, software, and services in 2016.
- 59 percent of IT professionals do not feel their organization is investing in security.
- 48 percent of IT professionals do not feel their company data is protected.
- 26 percent of IT professionals have reported that high-profile security incidents have led their organization to change its security practices and policies.
In 2016, IT professionals will prioritize hardware and software as follows:
- 37 percent of their IT budgets on hardware projects.
- 21 percent will be spent on desktops.
- 19 percent will be spent on servers.
- 16 percent will be spent on laptops.
Has your IT team or IT consultant provided your business a 2016 budget that will meet your business objectives while maintaining productivity and security?
Our Complimentary Network and Security Assessment will give you a complete picture of your IT infrastructure including business goals and gaps in security. 365 iT SOLUTIONS delivers a wide variety of services including Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.