A recent study from industry leading penetration testers has shown that in under 12 hours cybercriminals can hack your network. Is your business safe from hackers?
Successful cybercriminals and hackers have one trait, determination. Typical IT security policies and procedures have had negligible effect against cybercriminals with the intention and determination of gaining access to your network and data. According to the recent IT security study, the average time is less than 12 hours. An impressive 40 percent can do it in just over six hours.
In under 12 hours cybercriminals can hack your network and here are some alarming numbers based on the DEFCON Hacking Conference and 70 penetration testers from around North America.
- Just over 20 percent of hackers need just over two hours to penetrate the network.
- Approximately 30 percent of hackers need two and six hours to penetrate the network
- Approximately 30 percent of hackers need six to twelve hours to penetrate the network.
- Just over 33 percent of hackers have claimed that they have never been caught penetrating networks.
- Just over 36 percent of hackers have claimed they were detected in less than 33 percent of tries.
How do you protect your business from cybercriminals?
According to penetration testers, cybercriminals use several tactics, techniques and procedures to penetrate networks however what are some of the most effective ways to protect your business?
According to security experts and penetration testers, some of the most effective IT security measures include managed business-class endpoint security tools, intrusion detection and prevention systems as well as next-generation firewalls to protect a business from cyber criminals.
In under 12 hours cybercriminals can hack your network however our complimentary network and security assessment can put your IT infrastructure and business to the test.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting boutique firm offering industry leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.