Security, malware, hackers are always in the news and these are some of the reasons IT support and IT infrastructure keep business decision makers up at night.
In a recent report, it showed that malware and ransomware take the top spot of concern even thou many organizations have anti-malware solutions in place to protect their business and data.
- Over 73 percent of business decision makers are concerned about malware and advanced persistent threats.
- Over 31 percent are concerned with malware threats in the United States
- Over 31 percent are concerned with malware threats in France
- Over 56 percent are concerned with malware threats in India
- Germany comes in at 11 percent and Japan at 12 percent with malware very concerned
- Approximately 20 percent are confident in their IT department ability to protect against malware attacks.
- Approximately 73 percent are worried about spear phishing attacks
- Over 65 percent of mid-sized companies are delaying a mobile workforce due to IT security reasons
- Over 67 percent delayed BYOD due to IT security concerns.
- Approximately 82 percent have attempted to limit data access points to enhance IT security
- Over 72 percent believe that knowing where data is accessed will make their data protection and IT security more effective.
- Over 57 percent are concerned about the quality of data encryption used
- Approximately 40 percent are interested in allowing more mobility to increase employee productivity
- Over 80 percent are concerned with uploading critical data to the cloud
- Approximately 38 percent have restricted access to public cloud sites due to security concerns
This is the answer to how does IT support and IT infrastructure keep business decision-makers up at night? Good security program must be used to enable employees to be secure and productive at the same time.
If organizations try to limit or prohibit public cloud use it has been found to limit productivity. It is more effective to use intelligent data encryption to protect corporate data and reduce the risk of the mobile workforce with restrictive corporate policies to be more productive.
Our complimentary network and security assessment can put your IT infrastructure and business to the test.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is Toronto’s leading IT consulting boutique firm offering industry leading IT solutions including Managed IT Services, IT Support Services, IT Outsourcing Services, Tech Support Services and Cloud Services.