A recent survey shows over 75% of breached organizations thought they were safe from cyber-attacks. Unfortunately, they were wrong and it cost them big.
A new study into cyber-security revealed that three-quarters of organizations in the UK feel secure from cyber-attacks even though half of them experienced a cyber-attack in the past. Over 85per cent believe they are doing enough to protect themselves from cyber-attacks. Out of these, 33 per cent believe that cyber security responsibility is strictly the responsibility of their IT departments or managed IT services provider. The unfortunate truth is that the true problem lies with the overall organization, cyber-security planning, and proactive IT security management.
The issue for organizations here is that they have nothing in place for cyber security or things are not consistently applied and reinforced. The good news is that most companies have a data breach plan in place, however, less than half believe they are safe when it comes to cyber attacks.
Cybersecurity should be a big concern for businesses of all sizes. A cyber attack could cost money, data loss, data, reputation, time and clients. Unfortunately, the study shows that businesses believe they are far more secure than they really are.
Here are some ways to protect yourself from Cyber Attacks?
- Never click on links in emails. If you do think the email is legitimate, go to the site and log on directly.
- Never open the attachments. Most reputable companies do not send emails with attachments.
- Set secure passwords. Do not share your passwords and avoid using common words, phrases, or personal information. Also, update regularly them on a regular basis.
- Keep things up-to-date. Keep your operating system, browser, anti-virus and other critical software up to date. Also, ensure you are using the latest security updates and patches.
- Pay attention to website URLs. Pay attention to the website URLs you visit as malicious websites sometimes use a variation in common spelling or a different domain (for example, .com instead of .net) to deceive unsuspecting computer users.
There is no 100% way to protect your business from cyber security attacks however there are many steps that companies can take to ensure they are as safe as possible. They also need to ensure they can recover as quickly as possible in the event of a cyber attack.
Over 75% of breached organizations thought they were safe from cyber-attacks? You can be safe.
365 iT SOLUTIONS is a leading IT consulting and managed service provider (MSP) boutique in Toronto.
365 iT SOLUTIONS provides managed services for a variety of industries, including healthcare, medical, non-profit, financial, legal, construction, engineering, and manufacturing.
Our complimentary network and security assessment can show you the risk of ransomware and if your disaster recovery strategy works properly.